Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Power 90 Wow Day 23 already?! Seeing results!

Well as I had said in the last entry, we were losing momentum. However, things have kind of turned around for me.  I understand now why cross training is such a good idea. Doing the same workouts every day for 2 weeks was doing a little for me, but not enough.  That has changed now.

Friday, I only had 2 of the girls at home since Faelyn was at her grandma's.  Christopher was working, so I decided since I just got paid, why not take the girls to the pool at the Davy Crockett Birthplace park.  It's in the middle of nowhere and usually only has campers in it. So we did! It was great!  The pool hardly had anyone in it and the water was so crystal clear and warm.. It was really nice. I swam around in there, trying to work my arms and legs as much as I could for at least an hour, then got out and laid in the sun to dry my bathing suit and get some color. I have more of a tan this year than I have in decades! Though it's more like one big freckle lol.

Saturday, Christopher had to work again, but Faelyn was back home and Corina (my oldest daughter) had called and said she and her husband Tyler wanted to go swimming.  So we all piled in their Explorer and went up to the lake. It's farther away but it's FREE! We ended up staying for over 5 hours, in and out of the water. Christopher even came up and met us when he got off work.  Then we went out to dinner together.  It was really nice.  Anyway, I did more working out with my arms and legs in the water for a long time til I got pretty tired and got out to dry off and eat a protein bar.

Sunday was my rest day.  While I hadn't done the DVD workouts on Friday or Saturday, I did still get a pretty good workout, so I'm counting that. By Monday morning, I was finally really noticing some changes. I'm starting to see definition in my legs.  They're not just solid logs of round fat anymore. Parts of my thighs are starting to sink in a little. It's very slight, but I know it's there.

Unfortunately Monday ended up being a second rest day.  I had plenty of time to do my workout early in the day, but I wanted to workout with Christopher.  He was supposed to get off work at 2pm.  However, he didn't get off work til after 4, then we had to run errands and make dinner then I had to work and he had an article to write.  So, I never got my workout in at all yesterday.

Today I decided I was just not going to wait on him anymore.  I had to make sure I did my workout no matter what. So, I got up early and did the workout first thing. I was really surprised! It was the day for cardio again which I usually hate. I don't like the power yoga part because I've not been able to do it well... but today I did all of it! I feel MUCH more flexible, and my legs feel stronger. The knee lifts also were a little easier, and I was able to get my knees much higher than before.  I know this is due to the swimming exercises I've been doing.  I'd work on getting my knees really high since it's so easy in the water.  I think this helped get those muscles stretched and more flexible.  It was awesome!  I feel great!

Also, since the scales were so erratic in the bathroom floor which is uneven, we had moved the scales to the back door area by our bedroom door. It's much more stable there... I just wasn't happy because my weight on the scales there was a lot higher than in the bathroom.  But I agreed it was more regular of a reading, so we left it there. Well, I'm finally below the weight I thought I was to start with! After seeing the weight suddenly go back to a higher number and then not move at all for a week or two.. it was really discouraging. Now, seeing it go down AND seeing the changes in my body, I am so thrilled!

One thing that's kind of freaking me out is that I may need to return a pair of capris I bought in an XL and switch them for a L!  I've not work a large in anything in YEARS!  maybe DECADES! I don't know for sure yet.  Have to try on the L, but the XLs just feel much too big. Hooray!

 The measuring tape says I've lost 4 inches on my waist! That's a LOT cause I was bit around to start with! So happy!
                 
We take our 30 day photos soon.  I can't wait to see what a difference there is now. One more week!  Oh and I am going swimming again this weekend! I can't get enough of the lake!

No comments:

Post a Comment