Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Power 90 Day 18 - Losing momentum

I'm 3 days away from the 3 week mark for Power 90, plus the 6 day fat burn... so basically a month for us. I know it's working, but I am still getting discouraged.  I've read over and over how I should not get hung up about what the scale says, but it's hard to let it go. I've gained 3 lbs according to the scale we have.  of course it's a cheap ass thing.  It's digital, but must be the cheapest digital scale available. /rant.  Anyway, the measuring tape isn't changing much either! I just don't get it.  I can see muscles developing and I feel stronger, but the tape isn't getting shorter?  Why?? 

The one thing that has really kind of kept me from chucking it all is that I tried on a pair of shorts I've had forever. I've never been able to wear them.  I got them on clearance at the end of summer one year,  there were 3 pairs, different colors. I think they were sized wrong or something cause they say they're 18W, and I wore an 18W back then, but they wouldn't come close to buttoning when I got them home. I was pretty ticked off about it.  I've had them so long I know I moved with them 4 years ago. They've been put in the give away bag so many times, and every time I take them back out saying they were such a good deal, and shorts cost so much now and I REALLY need to lose enough to get into them. Well, yesterday, I was looking for shorts since it was so hot, and I found those 3 pairs in the back of my bottom drawer.  I figured, what the hell.  might as well try.  I knew I'd be disappointed.  I think I almost wanted an excuse to just give up... it was that kind of day. But OMG they fit.  I even tried on all 3 pairs to make sure.  Oh they're tight, but I can fasten them and wear them without feeling like I'm being cut in half. I was astounded! Last time I tried, there was about 3 inches or more between the buttons and the button holes.  Nowhere near meeting and buttoning.

So, that was a good thing, but I still find it hard to get excited about that when the scale and tape aren't budging. I know it's a mental thing, but that's me.

This past weekend not doing the Power 90 workouts has made us both lose momentum.. though life isn't helping.  Doing my workouts while kids were still in school was easy.  I'd get up around 1pm and do the workout and get cleaned up and dressed before they got home.  Now they're home all day with friends running in and out.  I have instituted a rule about no friends in the house while I workout, but it barely works. We get interrupted all the time, even by adults. Today, I laid in bed much longer than I should have.  I just really wanted to get some extra sleep. Finally I rolled out of bed at 2pm, then piddled around a little, and talked to my kids. I was about to go workout, then take the gilrs and go for a walk like last week (though it was pretty hot and I was wishy washy about that).. then I suddenly realized I had a bill I HAD to pay today, and needed the car.  I texted C to see if he had paid it for me or was coming home for lunch.  He texted right back that he was on his way.  So much for the workout! I got ready while he ate lunch and then took him back to work then went on to pay the bill. I figured I'd go ahead and do grocery shopping for the week since I had the car. Called Rhiannon at home and we hashed out a menu and she gave me ingredients I needed from the recipes on Team Beachbody, and I got the groceries.

By the time I got home, and got all the groceries put away, it was time to make dinner. Then it was time to get to work.  So, yeah, no workout for me today. I could do the workout after work at 3am, but last night I could barely move at 3am and couldn't keep my eyes open. I'm thinking about just getting up early tomorrow, doing my strength training workout (which is what Day 19 should be) and then go to the pool at the campground and burn some calories there. I'm not sure though. I'd have to take C to work at 8am for me to have the car all day and that's a bit early for me.

Maybe I'll just do both DVD workouts sometime tomorrow.  I could do Day 18 cardio when I wake up then do the Day 19 strength training with C when he gets off work at 5. I'd love to go swimming though. We'll see.

I just wish my shorts fitting was more of an incentive for me.  I've got some hangups I need to get over.

Oh here's a shot of dinner. Baked chicken with a little olive oil and Italian seasoning and a sprinkle of parmesan with my spinach and baby arugula salad with blackberries and sunflower seeds, and home made baked sweet potato fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment